Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm only doing this out of obligation.

I've read a couple blogs today and now I feel guilty for not having written in mine.

Oliver had a great swimming lesson last night, and a not so great one this morning.  He cried a little last night, but ended up floating around like a champ :)  I was so proud!  This morning he seemed interested, but the water was really cold.  He just cried whenever we were in the water.  The other little boy who was there this morning (yeah, only one other kid made it) is a total daredevil.  I wish some of his fearlessness would rub off on Oliver.  He'll actually jump off the edge into the water.  Oliver says "no."

Oliver also had a pretty rough learning experience this evening.  I took a pan out of the oven, and he said "hot"... but that didn't stop him from touching it... with his chin.  :(  I think a couple of his fingertips are a bit burnt, too.  Poor kid.  I'd hoped this would be something he'd continue to take my word for, but I guess he's a learn through experience type.  He cried even more when I tried to put aloe on it, but was perfectly fine with polysporin.  I just hope it doesn't scar... there's a big raised white line all across his chin :(

Also, I'm either getting sick or allergic to dogs.  I'd prefer to be sick, honestly...but not sure that's what it is.  Oh well.  Oliver didn't nap today, so at least we'll be able to go to bed early.

Anyway... I didn't have anything to say to begin with, so I'm going to go away now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment