Friday, July 15, 2011

Despite all the good...

No matter what happens today, I can't shake the bad mood.  I really feel like a cartoon character with the permanent rain cloud overhead...following me everywhere.

I watched Harry Potter...and it was great...REALLY great.  I loved it all.  It was a near-perfect goodbye.  I only cried for about half of it...Ron and Hermione's first kiss, everything having to do with Snape (I always trusted him!!), all the Weasleys crying, Tonks and Lupin...nearly everything in the forest and the train station...and the epilogue, of course...little Albus Severus was adorable.  It was so respectfully done...   Maybe the goodbye aspect is why I'm feeling so down...

It's probably more than likely that I'm feeling like crap because I have gotten my hopes up twice this week... about potential-work-related things... only to have them completely crushed.  Or mostly.  It's just really hard to stay motivated and positive when continually running into a wall.

The book I'm reading is decent.  That's something to be happy about.

I've written more in the last week than I have in the last 5 years, and I'm unbelievably proud...and really hoping that the disenchantment I'm feeling doesn't seep into this area.  

Guess I should really just focus on the good today... and it's mostly been found through my mistakes.  

Being that this is HP7pt2 day, I clicked on a link that said "Harry Potter Uncut!!!"  It was a completely accurate title... but I really wasn't expecting an extremely naked Daniel Radcliff standing next to a horse.  It was from a play he did, and he was legal when it was taken, but still...  That was just so much more of him than I'd ever anticipated seeing.  I am uncomfortable admitting that I lingered on that page for more than a split-second...and that the image of Harry Potter...uncut...is permanently burned into the backs of my eyelids.

I'm also realizing that, while it's only 8:25PM, I should probably go to bed.  Oliver is sitting beside me, playing with trucks and drinking juice, and I've been flipping through a parenting magazine.  There's an article on fruits and vegetables, and which are cleanest when purchased from the store.  I read through the lists and got really stuck on grapefruit.  I couldn't for the life of me remember what a grapefruit was.  I thought, "grapefruit" for at least 30 seconds before an image popped into my head... a medium-sized yellow and brown skinned fruit with a bunch of spiky green leaves on top...all of it a bit poky.  The "grapefruit grapefruit grapefruit" came out in my head, very confidently, looking a lot like this:
The really sad thing is that it took a little while for me to realize I was thinking of a pineapple.  And I love grapefruits AND pineapples.

Oliver just informed me that there's a moff in the hall...maybe THAT'S why I have issues with remembering what things are.... I know what a moff is.  I'm mostly fluent in 2yr old, and it's sapped my ability to identify common fruits.

Think I'll go take care of the moff.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that moff. Is being taken care of. Stay positive. I definitely know how hard that can be...

    ReplyDelete