Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oreos, kid-missing, and such...

So, it's another one of those awful nights I have to go without my little man. I'm not sure how I've survived emotionally through the few nights we've been apart... I honestly don't understand how parents actually WANT to be away from their children. I'm dreading the day I have to go back to work. Being away from him for a few hours a week is far too much :( I've been trying to think of crazy get-rich-quick schemes since before he was born...sadly, I've come up with nothing that'd actually work. There's always writing...which I imagine I'll figure out at some point and start doing and hopefully getting paid and all that good stuff...but it'd be insane for me to assume that I'll make a good living at that right away. If only I were a much funnier person...

All I'm sure of at this point is that a venti latte followed by a Red Bull is no way to start the day... I'm getting to that point where I'm sure I'll be crashing any time.

Also... I have some issues with this season's Big Love. The dead prophet's crazy son is gay?? Really?! WTF? How does that work? I mean... does he get to have numerous husbands??? When it really comes down to it, the least crazy thing on this show is the multiple wives now. Everyone's gone totally nuts. I miss the old theme song and intro, too. The new one is a downer.

I'm watching some PBS thing right now... Emma. I think I may have missed something because I have no idea what's going on right now. It took me half of the last episode just to figure out which one was Emma and tell her apart from the others consistently. The only character I still recognize is the guy who was in Hackers... and I know he's the one who'll eventually marry Emma. I guess I'll figure out who she is again when that happens. They really should do a better job of making the characters look different.

Then again... I'm awful at identifying people. Seriously. It's all about context for me. Some people belong in certain places, and if I see them in other places I have no idea who they are. It's awful, really. It probably makes people think I'm really rude or antisocial... and though both are often true, they aren't true to the extent that I'm sure they seem. I tend to remember people when they're at work. It's horrible when people get new jobs, too. I really wish everyone would just wear name tags...and possibly short bios...

I think I'm going to stop this now... updating is definitely something I need to do more often... but I am tired of typing.

1 comment:

  1. :) I am with you! I too wish everyone would just wear name tags. It sure would help me avoid some awkward moments. I hate it when someone remembers who I am, starts asking about the kids or my Dad and I haven't go t a clue.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following, following right back!

    ReplyDelete