Friday, September 24, 2010

mommy's little 'situation'

Last night I had an amazing dream.  I was in the most beautiful place...it was a cross between Tuscany and the Pacific Northwest.  I took Oliver through beautiful streets full of cute little shops and houses down to a beach that was surrounded by forest and mountains.  There were pirate ships...and a little pirate cove for kids to play in, too.  It was so beautiful, and it smelled like fall...I could have lived there forever.  I love that dreams like that leave me sort of hung over for the day...I'll wander in a happy daze.  Sadly, instead of blissful daydreaming, I realized the sadness I feel over the difference between my dream world and the real world.  This world will never live up to the one in my head.  :\

But let me get to the reason...because I would have failed to realize the difference if I hadn't been forced into reality.  I had to go out to the RV place today to pick up some paperwork.  I figured I'd be there for all of 5 mins, so I took Oliver with me.  One of the women was really nice to him.  The other scowled at him as though he was some sort of vermin I'd let in.  That woman then said something about that being a "professional place," and she "hoped I had enough time to take care of the situation before starting work."  She nodded toward my kid when she said the word "situation."  I can't help but be completely insulted.  I have no idea how I managed to keep my mouth shut.  This woman was nice during the interview...Now I feel like they're probably just a bunch of nasty old ladies.  I know I'm not what they're looking for personality-wise, and that I'm a good 40 years younger than they'd like me to be...but I was pretty prepared to keep my mouth shut and act like some watered-down version of myself.  I'm guessing I'll actually have to be someone else entirely...and I swear if anyone calls my kid a "situation" again I'm not going to hold back.  I'll most certainly get fired... but how can someone be so disrespectful and yet expect me to respect her??

Why are people so disappointing?  It seems like the only really consistent thing about 'em... Blah.

Guess I'll go make dinner and maybe watch Twilight...for the scenery.  Or finish Freaks and Geeks, which is totally excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment