Thursday, June 9, 2011

Two dreams

Last night I had two dreams that I remember...one great, the other...not so great.  In the first, I got married.  I don't know who my husband was, but he was pretty perfect.  He may have been a bit too young.  I was really happy, though.  Giddy, actually.  The wedding took FOREVER, though...because I kept making them all wait.  My dress had a malfunction: it was completely transparent in the back.  I ended up not wearing underwear, and my husband was bothered by that, but I'm not sure why.  Maybe the dress was showing more than I knew about.  The dress itself was pretty hideous... but my hair was amazing.  I don't remember the actual wedding... when I walked out to do it, all I saw was the guy's face, and then it was some time later.  Oliver was 4, and my husband and I had just found out we were going to have a baby.  The dream ended with us going out to get pizza.

The bad dream was... bad.  I went with some friend to a detox place for alcoholic women.  It was like a warehouse prison.  It was dark, lit only by small lamps and the reflections of light from those lamps in the numerous puddles throughout the building.  The floor had blood on it in places, as did the walls, and it smelled like urine.  The friend I was with told me that one of the women who lived there had lost her temper the night before, so there was blood splatter all over a wall.  We got to the main dormitory, and it was...scary.  There were massive gothic beds covered in oddly lush rags, floor-to-ceiling windows, and everything was filthy, black, and dripping.  There were puddles everywhere.  It was hot and humid and smelled both rotten and stale.  Most of the women were in beds.  Eventually they started leaving their beds... and I noticed that from the knees down, their legs and feet were rotting.  They were yellow and the skin was coming off.  It was like what happens to diabetics, but much, much worse.  One of the women took out a razor and was shaving her rotting leg... and thankfully I woke up at this point.

Don't know why I needed to write that down... but there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment