Sunday, November 27, 2011

I'm a terrible blogger.

It's been a while since I've found time to write anything...here or otherwise.  This whole *being employed* thing is really getting in the way of my regular life.  I certainly hope I'm not permanently creatively stifled.

Right now I'm trying to fight feeling awful...knowing yet another cold or something is coming.  Oliver is in his third week of having whatever he has.  He's finished his antibiotics, but still has the cough...and it's getting bad again.  Guess I'll just have to call the doc tomorrow.  It's so frustrating to have a sick kid... :(  it's only compounded by not feeling well myself.

Anyway... we had Thanksgiving, and it was as usual.  There was food, and Oliver didn't really want to eat any of it.  I'm still enjoying leftovers.  After dinner, I went to bed.  I left the house a bit before 10 for Black Friday, and it was fun.  I had to park pretty far away...but got everything I wanted (except the $3 waffle maker).  I'm currently using the new laptop, named Friday.  I haven't yet hooked up the printer..or even taken it out of the box.  It was enough for me to get some programs installed on this today!  I also got a Shark Steamer...something I've wanted for a long time.  Oliver and I steam cleaned part of the kitchen the next day :)  I got Oliver some cars and a new Play-Doh kit.  His main xmas present isn't going on sale, and will have to be ordered (it's a big blue truck).  The next day, Oliver and I went back to the store for the one thing I didn't get during the initial sale - a camera.  The line was waaaay too long, so I gave up.  The next day, we got the last one they had.  We gave it to my mom when we got home, because it was a birthday present and not an xmas present.

We've got the whole area ready for the xmas tree...all the necessary furniture has been moved and the carpet has been shampooed.  I'm too tired to put the thing up, though.  Meant to do it Friday, but didn't get around to it...and yesterday I worked.  Today has been a long day of...nothing.  Installing programs, reading a sub-par book, and hoping my immune system kicks in soon.

Something I've learned since returning to work is that the public is unclean.  No one cares how sick they are when they leave the house.  No one cares what kinds of nasty germs they leave all over everything and everyone.  Please, people...stay home when you're sick.  Don't infect me.  My immune system isn't prepared for all of this.  I was at home with a kid for two and half years...not exposed to much at all...so I'm weak!

Anyway... that's enough of the nothing.  Time for a book update.

No comments:

Post a Comment