Thursday, May 5, 2011

A day of realizations...

This morning, while laying half awake, I watched an old Looney Toons episode.  Watching it relieved me of one of my main sources of mom guilt - the fact that Oliver likes Family Guy.  He mostly likes it for the theme song, but has watched more than a few minutes of many, many episodes.  Now I don't feel bad about it anymore.  In this morning's Looney Toons, Bugs Bunny got high... and most of the characters died violent deaths more than a few times.  Apparently, that's the kind of programming I grew up with... and to the best of my knowledge, I'm not a serial killer.  Family Guy (with the possible exception of that episode where Stewie uses a blow torch on Brian) is pretty tame in comparison... So yeah, there's one lesson learned...and one bit of mom guilt gone.

I went on to feel super accomplished!  This morning I finished my presentation and took a final in my religion class.  I'm as good as done...just have to go comment some more :)  It'll be so nice when I never have to set virtual foot in that class again.

Then, after feeling that great sense of accomplishment, I decided I'd reward myself with a shower...and then I'd make some cupcakes (which would also serve as a reward).  I got myself together and went to shower... was about to step into the shower...grabbed the shower curtain... and then, right at eye-level, was a huge spider.  Evidently, it does not matter how many times you yell, "fuck!!!" while jumping around a bathroom naked...that alone will not kill a spider.  If only profanity were deadly to arachnids.  I got my clothes back on and found the only thing under the sink that I thought might have the power to kill...oven cleaner.  It took a LOT of oven cleaner... and a lot more yelling of profanities and hopping around.  Eventually, 20 minutes later, the spider's corpse dropped from the shower curtain.  I then smashed until no parts were recognizable.  Now, as I am one of those people with a very solid irrational fear when it comes to spiders (arachnophobia is not a strong enough word for what I have), I am convinced that spiders have very large, very vengeful families.  As a result, I won't be showering today.  I might not pee, either.

And, after that fiasco... particularly the being naked and trying to make an escape... I've decided that cupcakes are probably not in my best interest.  Unless I really want to reward myself with additional fat, that is.  I'm considering an air and water diet.  If I get any fatter, I'll be deserving of my own zip code.  And the real bitch of all this is, no matter how much I want to work out...the fact that I'd need a shower after and am currently afraid of my bathroom is sort of winning.

I guess it's time to finish season 5 of Lost...

1 comment: