Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Introductions all around!

Hello :) I'm Awyn. I'm a 28-year-old single mom to a handsome (crawling, climbing, screeching, bouncing, pounding...) 8-month-old little boy named Oliver. I'm a grad student working on a master's in library science with hopes of someday being a children's librarian. From what I can tell, the rumors about children's librarians are true: we're an odd bunch. I live a pretty conservative life, but I'm really VERY liberal. I like all art forms, with the exception of poetry, and work (for the moment) in wire.

Blogging is a good way to get all the excess out of my head.

So, what can you expect to see here? I like lists, so here's a list -

1. Mommy ramblings - attachment parenting, things I've done that have worked or have failed miserably, you know the drill. Oliver has his own blog, and I'm not sure how much overlap there'll be.
2. Product reviews for all things baby - this kid has everything, and I have opinions about all of his things.
3. Product reviews for whatever I've tried... if I ever get myself anything!
4. Reviews of everything I come in contact with - restaurants, books, magazines, movies, websites... etc.
5. Men. What single, straight woman isn't thinking about (and complaining about) men? If I ever have any adventures in dating, you'll get to read about them.
6. Offensive topics... religion, politics, discipline, parenting styles...etc. Unless you have a good sense of humor, I'll probably offend you. And I don't care.
7. Alternatives to every-day products...or different uses for every-day products... cleaning & medicine, mostly.
8. Geek things... software, kid and grown-up gadgets... though this won't be terribly extensive.
9. Other things. That's about as specific as can be...

Soooo that's what you can expect. If I ever figure out how to be one of those coupon moms like the ones on Oprah, you'll be reading about that, too.

<3

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting me and joining as a follower! Good luck on your new blog! Have fun! Coralie

    ReplyDelete